Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Who believes in synchronicity? Last year while researching my recent book, "Bordentown Revisited" for Arcadia Publishing, I was sitting at the reader in the Bordentown library scanning old Register-News files. My eyes were intent on the screen, but my ears picked up the murmur of the room. Suddenly I perked up when I heard "Oh my gosh! You have to meet Arlene. She's right here researching your home!"

Naturally I turned around. The librarian introduced me to the gentleman on whose ancestral home background I was reading. He came to the library seeking information on the former Field estate. He already was in possession of the complete genealogical line dating back to 1069. I absolutely glowed with excitement. He generously shared the written content which was invaluable to the book. Synchronicity? I believe it.

No comments: