Saturday, December 02, 2006

New Puppy Wash

When June Gibbs invited me to the puppy wash at the new Animal Shelter, I heartily agreed to be there on Friday. The event is no longer a social gathering of animal lovers sharing an evening of volunteering, but it’s just as satisfying.

While waiting for a working crew to check in I played with the kittens. This gives them a chance to be out of their cages with the reassuring comfort of human touch. It gives me comfort, too. Sometimes I just get so busy with life. Stopping to play with a kitten or a puppy brings me right back to basic human needs. A connection.
The new facilities at the shelter are great to work in, organized, efficient. The puppies are as much fun as always, showing their different personalities early in their life. Some sit docile, letting us rub and scrub them, others are so full of energy they can’t sit still. They all love being towel dried getting ready to meet their adopted parents.

No comments: