Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back from Jersey

Back from Jersey after five days of interviews hearing new stories of ghostly hauntings, a book-signing at the Old Bookshop of Bordentown, followed by guiding a group in the Annual Ghost Walk, dinner parties and lunches with the best of friends. Wonderful but exhausting.

On my last morning when I came downstairs my friend Patti and hostess had a roaring fire going and fresh coffee brewing. Wow! As we sat, coffee mugs in hand, chatting, snow became mixed in the rain. Old memories began dotting my thoughts.

That afternoon I drove north to Lambertville and the sister city across the Delaware River of New Hope, Pennsylvania to say “hello” to my ancient ancestors. I stayed in my car to keep dry of the rain turning-to-snow (loved it!) Cars driving from the north were covered in snow.

Thankfully this little window of October northern weather stopped, drying the roads for my drive home later that night. It’s good to be home.

No comments: