Thursday, October 23, 2008

Right to Choose

A timely subject at the moment is our Right to Choose. It’s a Right that took me a long time to be comfortable with. An early major Right was the decision to leave my husband of 15 years who was detrimental to my health. Choosing the Right to live in a town with a school system beneficial to my kids followed.

I’m fully aware of the choosing I’ve done since those early days. Some choices have been hard to live with, learning later that what seemed like the right option at the time, wasn’t. This bruise on my heart comes from knowing that I’ve hurt someone from my Right to Choose.

Lately my choices aren’t so earth-shattering. i.e. which table to choose in a restaurant, which volunteer group to join, whether to go or stay. Choices have been small ones until this historic election facing us this year. I hope the one we choose is elected. I pray our Right to Choose results in a benefit to our country. A country that desperately needs the right choice now.

No comments: