Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oakley Hall Antiques in Warrenton NC

About ten days ago I went into Oakley Hall Antiques knowing they’re closing their shop on 3 January for approximately six months. They’ll be re-opening with an entirely new concept. I don’t know what the new concept is, but I know just about everything in their shop is reduced to embarrassing low prices.

I bought a Ruth Russell Williams painting, signed. I’ve long admired her work but never as much as when I saw it hanging on my wall. It just got under my skin so much that I went back today and bought a mate for it and an original by Ernie Fleming that I adore.

This time I looked at each and every painting in the shop including a trip upstairs to ponder over their antique etchings and silhouettes.

What a great time and place to buy a Christmas gift for yourself or someone who would love a special something to keep forever and maybe even increase in value as years pass.

No comments: