Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Witch's Grave by Phillip DePoy

I’ve just finished The Witch’s Grave by Phillip DePoy. I began backwards, finding the author and reading his third book first. After liking it so much, I found his first and second Fever Devilin books in the series.

A wise choice. I love a mystery and when there is a good personal story within the mystery, I love it even better. DePoy takes it even deeper, having suspense and mystery in the back story. Then he takes it even further than that. He’s poetic in his descriptions as i.e. voice like an iris petal. Can’t you just hear that soft, draping voice? He also writes of his friend Andrews sitting on a tree limb as: the branch complained but held. I’ve heard that sound growing up in the woods of my youth. But I never put a handle on it.

He also mentions Monet and Van Gogh in reference. I wonder if he paints? Write poetry?

1 comment:

pattid said...

Visit us any time love you..Patti