Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quotes & Writing

Often I will read a quote of someone’s and be off and writing. I came across this quote and immediately thought of the last manuscript that I sent off for publishing.

"Be able to meet any deadline, even if your work is done less well than it would be if you had all the time you would have preferred." Marilyn vos Savant

That is exactly what I did, noting that I had been working on Major Fraser’s for six years. It was time to call a halt to any more additions, corrections and re-writes. No more stumbling onto a new piece of information that absolutely must be added. Do or die. Well, the very afternoon of sending my baby off, I began to think, ‘maybe I should have’ and ‘I wish I could change’ etc. You get the idea. It will rumble my stomach until I see the new born baby in my hands. And then I will probably think, ‘H-m-m. I should have’ and ‘darn, I wish I had….’

No comments: