Monday, June 27, 2011

Sometimes I get sidetracked from my present writing project, which has been to complete my “Ghosts of Upper Piedmont & Beyond” (working title) by the end of June. It isn’t going to happen. I’ve been writing at least three hours a day on “Recipes & Remembrances” a fund raising cookbook for my Woman’s Club. The press for its completion is the desire to have it available for sale before the Christmas season. We all know that is key to the success of sales which of course is the goal of this project.

Staying true to my desire in writing about local history and memories, our cookbook has a section for a personal note at the end of each recipe entered. Hence, the title. Recipes are sometimes personal. Who hasn’t remarked at the Thanksgiving (or Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, etc.) table “As long as I can remember, we’ve had this dish on our table come each _____ holiday.”

In addition to recipes, I also have several items that I use in cooking or serving that are dear to me because of who gave them to me. Using those pieces keeps me connected to the giver even if I don’t see them often or if they have passed away.

No comments: