Saturday, September 17, 2005

Looking for a New Home in North Carolina

9-17-05
Looking for a New Home in North Carolina

I’ve been planning to re-locate out of New Jersey and into a state south of here. After exploring a few other states, I’ve decided on North Carolina. I invited a friend to join me this past week for the trek from east of I-295 to their incredibly blue mountain range.

Henderson, Oxford and Warrenton are towns that impressed me with their cleanliness. Their neatly-kept and well- landscaped homes indicate the character of the people living in the areas I drove through. An important item, since I’m a stranger without acquaintances in the neighborhoods. The rolling hills of countryside also captured my attention. These are definitely areas to further research.

As much as the mountains grab my very soul, the prices I’ve seen so far are way out of my economic range. But it’s worth the effort to look further.

The people we met are an added reason to settle in NC. Everyone we met were gracious with a cheerful “Hi y’all” for openers. They struck me as sincere, not artificial at all. Again, a reflection of their life here. Unhappy people are rarely gracious or welcoming. This is going to be a challenge to find the right town/county for me to live the next chapter of my life. Enjoy.

No comments: