Saturday, January 21, 2006

New Girl in Town

New Girl in Town

Well, you would think moving to a new location would not be a big deal. Like what is it to email your friends the new address and telephone number, right? Wrong. You just aren’t aware of how many address changes have to be made and won’t be accepted by email. To list a very few: social security, ebay, paypal, professional associations, banks, magazines & newspapers, credit card accounts, attorney, accountant, investment broker, societies i.e. historical. It seems just like packing up to move; there is always one more thing forgotten.

Then when you arrive and come up for air from under the bubble wrap and tissue paper it’s time to go to the doctor’s for a check-up. Which one? Where do you go for a referral?

I try to go to the post office at times it will be less crowded because I can. I went to Littleton and noticed the clerk wore a nice ‘do’. I asked “where do you get your haircut?” She smiled and quickly answered “Rumors in Roanoke Rapids.” Then I continued. “I’m new to the area and that is the hardest thing to come by, haircuts, doctors, etc.” Just as quickly she answered. “Need a really good doctor, too? Dr.Replogle at Littleton Family Practice near the Food Lion.” From there our conversation continued. I received some very helpful information.

A couple of my new ‘neighbors’ up the road apiece also responded when I asked the same questions. These are recommendations I can rely on. They don’t benefit as a sales person would. They’ve lived in the area for many years and know the ‘skinny’ on where to go and where not to go. Blessings at earth level.

No comments: