Saturday, January 06, 2007

Raleigh First Friday

Last night Peggy and I met Lynn and Steve in Raleigh and went to the First Friday Art Space artist’s reception. Marvelous! Peggy introduced us to Warren County born-and-bred Dianne Rodwell. Her art space is full of results of her multi-talents in the art field.

I have been to the “Monet in Normandy” showing at the NC Art Museum. Dianne has been to Monet’s home and gardens in Giverny where he painted these wonderful works of art and on to Provence to Van Gogh’s home. While I didn’t have a stash of cash to spend on art works, I did invest in a couple of her post cards. I know just who is going to receive them.

I was impressed with the appearance of this City Market area at night. Balls of tiny white lights the size of soccer balls hung from the trees, molded designs in tiny white lights filled walkways so even if I were alone, I wouldn’t be afraid to walk through them. They also had some delightful ‘window murals,’ that is murals painted to look like windows.

We eventually made our way to the Tir Na Nog for a hearty dinner reminiscent of Ireland, live Irish music and even an Irish dancer or two. That’s a great restaurant if you’re Irish at heart or lineage. All the restaurants seemed to sport live music of one kind or another. An ample number of people came out for this spring-like night on Raleigh’s First Friday. I highly recommend it.

No comments: