Monday, January 08, 2007

Songs & Memories

A song keeps going through my head as I try to go to sleep, normally an easy thing to do. But tonight for some reason “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme” is running through my mind. I have no clue where it came from, I didn’t hear it at all today and I don’t remember seeing anything that would make me think of it. I can’t remember the last time I did hear it.

With the song, memories come of another time and other people that I haven’t seen in many years. Some I will never see again, it’s been that long ago that the song was popular and on everyone’s lips. But songs have a way, almost like photographs, that kick up a memory like an old movie running in the background. Haunting.
For those of an age, what was going on in your life, when Simon & Garfunkle were still partners, creating those wonderful songs, memories that just never leave you. Do you also remember the thoughtful and interesting cover art on the LP jackets? I can see it now, in subdued colors, a leather jacket, faces expressing their feelings. Songs and memories.

No comments: