Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cards 'n Letters

Writing and the love of it overflows into areas other than books, essays and articles. For me, I wish I had ample time to write letters more often. A letter keeps me connected whether I’m writing it or receiving it.

I also like to write a note on a card sent and wonder why folks don’t do it more often. One doesn’t’ have to be a college grad, an excellent speller or have a neat penmanship. “Happy Birthday” “Merry Christmas” or just “Thinking of You” written by hand is much more personal than the same words pre-printed.

It’s a similar emotion when eating dinner at someone else’s house. They don’t cook like you do, or maybe it’s even Chinese take-out, but it tastes even more delicious anyway. Maybe it’s in the ‘being invited.’

The same feeling emerges when finding a card in my mailbox, even a post card tells me someone thought of me. How wonderful that is.

No comments: