Saturday, March 21, 2009

Images

Maureen McCarthy Draper once said “Music itself is an image, if you think of an image as Ezra Pound did, as presenting “an intellectual and emotional complex in an instant of time” . . . .Perhaps the soul needs images more than answers.”
I play music CDs on my computer. In the evening as I sit in my bedroom/office the music soothes my daily chores as I read my current book. The monitor flashes brilliant colors and shapes and images. If my book is absorbing, I ignore the images, but not Mz Lizzie. She is fascinated.
When I show her photos of other cats, she sends me an incredulous look, as if to say “what are you doing?’ That’s just before she raises her chin and majestically strides away from me. But the ‘light’ show on the computer will keep her mesmerized for an hour.

No comments: