Sunday, July 24, 2011

Food and Memories

I’m nearly finished with “Food and What Feeds Us” by A Weeks Worth of Women; edited by Jyoti Wind. I’ll be sorry to have it end but will refer to it often, I’m sure. I’ll also be trying some of the recipes listed, almost as a secondary thought. Memories, stories, and thoughts about foods were written by seven women over their lifetimes. These women grew up in various areas of the country, had very different backgrounds and experiences that influenced what they ate and how. I believe they all live in the Boulder, Colorado area now. Their stories open new doors to lives lived by others.

Photos of each of the women; Patricia Jordan, Annette Price, Terra Rafael, Mary Randall, Prema Rose, Jyoti Wind, and Jesse Wolfe are in the back of the book. I feel that I’ve come to know them by switching back and forth, matching the picture with the story. Brava to everyone of them.

No comments: