Friday, January 28, 2011

Reading On the PC and more.....

Knowing my inflamed reaction to women not receiving equal rights and probably because so much of my writing is of the past when such laws were outrageous, a friend recommended the e-book of Seneca Falls and the Origins of the Women’s Rights Movement by Sally Gregory McMillen. It just so happens that I was also reading Nike is a Goddess, the History of Women in Sports edited by Lissa Smith at the time. Some stories in that book relate the difficulties women suffered while trying to participate in their favorite sports. Connected-ness. That happens all the time. Just like Google, one thing leads to another which leads to another, etc. All connected by an unseen thread. Because then I came across the E-book, the biography of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Eighty Years and More. Immediately I downloaded it into my folder titled BOOKS lest I lose it somewhere.

I love reading from my computer while I’m sitting in bed –which is the only warm spot in my house these nights. It’s easy and restful on the eyes, while reading a hard copy book late at night tires my eyes and puts me to sleep before I’m ready to give up absorbing these printed words.

All this means, is that I’m ready to move, again, into the 21st century and look for an E-reader to buy, to expand my reading experience, to take advantage of ‘out-of-copyright-books to download, so they will not be forgotten just because they are old and out of print. These treasures have so much information in them that should be read and saved and then passed on to someone else.

No comments: